The Quantum Theory and Technology group investigates quantum phenomena in solid-state systems, with particular interest for their possible applications, both in nanophotonics and in the expanding field of quantum technologies.
We are also interested in public engagement activities aimed at widening the societal understanding of quantum mechanics.
- March 2018: We are pleased to announce vacancies for a PhD student and a post-doctoral researcher to join the group, see Join Us for details.
- The film Approaching Reality, produced by our group has been selected as a finalist for the Quantum Short film festival, receiveing an honorable mention of the jury. The film has been screened around the world, from Glasgow to Singapore.
- January 2017: We were pleased to be invited speakers at the workshop "Virtual photons in ultra-strongly coupled system" organized by the Condensed Matter Reasearch Group directed by Prof. Franco Nori at the Center for Emergent Matter Science (CEMS), RIKEN (Japan).
- We have organised a workshop on the physics of the ultrastrong coupling regime.
- The first trailer of our quantum music composition, Approaching Reality, has been released here.
- February 2015: We are pleased to announce vacancies for a PhD student and a post-doctoral researcher to join the group, see Join Us for details.
- February 2015: We were very forunate to have Dr Ahsan Nazir, University of Manchester, visit the group this week and thank him for his fascinating colloquium on 'Probing emitter-cavity dressed states through environmental transitions'.
- February 2015: The Groups finally has its own website! where we can share our work.